How to say “good” in Japanese?
16 December, 2012 Basics, Conversation, Feeling, Simple Japanese Phrases No Comments
PRONUNCIATION IN JAPANESE
良い / よい（いい） (yoi / ii)
1) お元気ですか？ / おげんきですか？(ogenkidesuka)
How are you?
元気です（いい感じです） / げんきです（いいかんじです） (genkidesu)
2) 夕食はどうでしたか？ / ゆうしょくはどうでしたか？ (yuusyokuwa doudesitaka)
How was dinner?
yuusyoku = dinner
dou = how
doudesitaka = how was
とてもおいしかったです（とてもよかったです） (totemo oisikattadesu)
totemo = pretty
oisii / yoi = good
Saying good or bad directly in Japanese is rare. In most cases when asked if it was good or bad to a Japanese, you would most likely to get “it’s OK” answer. The only time a Japanese would tell you straight to your face how good/bad it was, he/she must have been extremely impressed or disturbed by the item/incident/service.
Latest posts by Teacher (see all)
- How to say “what is your name” in Japanese? - 18 December, 2012
- How to say “liar” in Japanese? - 17 December, 2012
- How to say “good” in Japanese? - 16 December, 2012